Saturday 26 April 2014

Drawing Presentation Experimentation


Paige Uttley-Plunkett
"Untitled" 2014
Projection on Silk (Drypoint)  
Ink

I have layered my dry point amongst surrounding suspended silk, which is protecting the delicate subject, almost reacting like a cocoon. I have projected a video to the subject to capture a sense of movement and energy highlighting the amniotic fluid. 

Paige Uttley-Plunkett
"Untitled" 2014
Projection on Silk

These photographs are video stills, which I have experimented with different angles to capture a surreal atmosphere, I have almost hidden the camera amongst the materials, creating a subtle and secretive sense. 

Paige Uttley-Plunkett
"Untitled" 2014
Projection on Silk   
I find this photograph successful as it captures a circular element suggestive to the inner womb, it creates a sense of nostalgia reflecting upon growth. The elements of white light creates a spiritual presence, highlighting the presence of the unborn fetus.


Paige Uttley-Plunkett
"Untitled" 2014
Projection on Silk 

This captures elements of movements, emphasizing the movement of the fetus reflecting growth and development. 

No comments:

Post a Comment