Friday 28 March 2014

Experimentation

Paige Uttley-Plunkett
"Untitled" 2014
(Plastic Bag, Water, Pva Glue, Knitting, Watercolour, Latex)
 
I wanted to experiment with the sensual feeling of interacting with fluid media to capture that texture and moist element as I wanted to in my earlier explorations.
 
Paige Uttley-Plunkett
"Untitled" Detail 2014
(Plastic Bag, Water, Pva Glue, Knitting, Watercolour)
 
I find the layered of different materials within this piece intriguing as it creates a uncomfortable and revolting sense feeling the subject, and a blood like substance creating a sense of realism.
 

Paige Uttley-Plunkett
"Untitled" Detail 2014
(Plastic Bag, Water, Pva Glue, Knitting, Watercolour, Latex)
 
I have experimented with a combination of materials to combine both structural subjects, within my installation, I would like to experiment further with the presentation of this piece but unfortunately I have insuccfient time to explore this, I may in future development experiment further. I feel the intricate pieces layered into the organic substances emphasizes a spiritual presence within the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment