Friday 21 March 2014

Exploration with Resin

Paige Uttley-Plunkett
"Untitled" 2014
(Watercolour, PVA Glue and silk in Resin)

I have experimented with resin, as I wanted to capture a fluid organic form which would be adaptable to hang and portray within my installation, as water would evaporate. This substance is challenging to work with, as it has its boundaries as its a strong fluid which can be dangerous. This piece reflects my testing with handling the subject and different materials. I believe the colour pallet captures a sense of fluid as it reflects the natural ocean creating a calm atmosphere also suggestive to the amniotic fluid. I have layered different fluid within to create a distortion highlight a squeamish material protecting the delicate substance intimidating the audience. I have incorporated silk into the subject to capture a sense of movement surrounding the delicate piece which is almost replication of the amniotic fluid bag. The silk comforts the subject highlighting a sense of safety.

 
Paige Uttley-Plunkett
"Untitled" 2014
(Watercolour, Silk, PVA Glue, Latex in Resin)

I wanted to experiment different forms within using resin as I didn't want a strong form, I wanted to create a sense of fluidity, therefore I dipped silk into the surface to capture essence of water highlighting movement and the organic nature of the amniotic fluid. I would like create a collection of these pieces to highlight the fluidity within my work, which surrounds the intricate  subjects, reacting as its amniotic fluid of protection.










No comments:

Post a Comment