Saturday 1 March 2014

Experimentation

Paige Uttley-Plunkett
"Untitled" 2014
(Sweets and Acetate)

Having been given inspiration by my peers, I was influenced to experiment with hot gun to burn and mould sweets to create a disturbing texture and surface. I feel this replicated the texture of glass as they were brittle and delicate.

Paige Uttley-Plunkett
"Untitled" 2014
(Sweets and Acetate)

I wanted to experiment creating almost a cocoon to highlight a sense of projection, holding fluid media to reflect the amniotic fluid bag. The surface is delicate and brittle reflecting the sensitive subject. The material is childlike which reflects the subject. 

Paige Uttley-Plunkett
"Untitled" 2014
(Sweets and Acetate)

I impressed my wax baby mould into this subject to create a figure which I found interesting, as its subtle and translucent reacting as a spiritual presence and the amniotic fluid bag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment