Saturday 1 March 2014

Development



Paige Uttley-Plunkett
"Untitled" 2014
(Pencil, Glue, Thread, Watercolour)

I have experimented with a combination of medias, to create a flesh texture element to create a uncomfortable subject. I have used fluid media to capture a sense of movement within the piece suggestive to a presence of the unborn fetus. I have used gestural mark making to create a calm atmosphere highlighting the sensitive subject. 

Paige Uttley-Plunkett
"Untitled" 2014
(Watercolour, Glue, Pencil)

This piece capture a essence of space surrounding the subject, creating almost a invisible barrier suggestive to the amniotic fluid bag. I have used organic media to capture a sense of realism and highlight the movement within the subject. I have layered glue to the surface reacting as a protector as it creates spaces between the glue and the surface. I have highlighted a stronger essence of colour to create perspective projecting the figures womb within the picture plane.

Paige Uttley-Plunkett
"Untitled" 2014
Drypoint on Silk

This drypoint is a experiment , I layered zest it on to the surface whilst printing, therefore it would captures a sense of movement within the process of making the subject. This highlights a sense of growth reflecting my conceptual interest. The silk has captured layered of medias in different depths creating an almost surreal atmosphere. The subject looks almost like its underwater creating an organic element. 

No comments:

Post a Comment