Saturday 1 March 2014

Development

Paige Uttley-Plunkett
"Untitled" 2014
Drypoint on Silk
 
I was experimenting with my colour pallets, I feel this captures a clinical element creating a sense of realism. The different tones have allowed me to create distortions of perspective highlighting the barrier within the sensitive subject. The fetus is delicate and almost translucent portraying its subtle spiritual presence of the unborn. The mark making is organic and fluid highlights a sense of movement and capturing natural elements creating a calm atmosphere. I wanted to create an almost surreal cocoon highlighting the natural protection through the human body form within the amniotic fluid bag. The silk itself is a delicate and soft materials create a calm atmosphere, its almost homely which I find interesting, it emphasises the spiritual presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment