Friday 21 March 2014

Self-Directed Critique

These photographs depict my experimentation with presenting my work, as I displayed this installation for my Self-Directed Critique, where I was given feedback from my peers from what they felt they have experienced from my work, and inspiration to develop my practice further.
 
 
Paige Uttley-Plunkett
"Untitled" 2014 
(Yarn, Thread, Watercolour, Latex, PVA Glue, Silk, Resin and Water)

I have layered a confrontation of knitting, which is layered chaotic to represent a barrier protecting the delicacy of the inside, symbolizing the amniotic fluid.
 
 Paige Uttley-Plunkett
"Untitled" 2014 
(Yarn, Thread, Watercolour, Latex, PVA Glue, Silk, Resin and Water)

I have layered intricate piece inside, which are flesh like, capturing a essence of blood, I wanted to create disturbing pieces which brings the subject into perspective, the creating/development of chemicals and Dna Cells creating the fetus. I have presented this in a cocoon of materials which is suggestive to protection as they surround the subject almost like a blanket, which is childlike suggestive to the sensitive subject.
 
Paige Uttley-Plunkett
"Untitled" 2014 
(Yarn, Thread, Watercolour, Latex, PVA Glue, Silk, Resin and Water)

I find this photograph inspiring, as it almost reflects the audiences view trying to look into the subject, finding it difficult this reflects my conceptual interest as it shields the audience from the delicate natural projecting the sensitive pieces which is suggestive to the spiritual presence of the developing fetus.

These depict notes from my feedback from my critique, in which I found beneficial allowingme to understand the impact of my work towards my audience.

20/03/2014
Identifying a body of work
Feelings, natural, nature, sea/countryside
Comforting
Homely, nostalgia
Textures, soft
Tided together "Make you want to walk through"
In a room - babies bedroom
Needs a focus
Installation Art
Turner Prize List - Karla Black
Femeral subjects
Hive/Nest
Felting
Felt/Treckle/Tar/Oil
Projectors
Lights
 
Having reflected upon my feedback I am going experiment which my presentation, I am going to take advantage of space and present my work in a room to dominate its persona, creating a surreal atmosphere. I may experiment with projecting onto the subject with different lightings to capture a surreal atmosphere reflecting notions of movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment