Friday 21 March 2014

Drawing Critique

Paige Uttley-Plunkett
"Untitled" 2014
(Silk, Latex, Drypoint on Silk, Thread)
 
I have layered a distortion of suspended silk behind my subject, to distract the attention of the rectangular composition to create a sense of movement and no limitations.

Paige Uttley-Plunkett
"Untitled" 2014
(Silk, Latex, Drypoint on Silk, Thread)
 
I feel the material is delicate and translucent almost representing a blanket form protecting the sensitive subject. The silk is suggestive to sense of awareness highlighting the spiritual presence of the developing fetus.
 
Paige Uttley-Plunkett
"Untitled" 2014
(Silk, Latex, Drypoint on Silk, Thread)
 
I have captured the surroundings of the subject, highlighting the space between the materials highlighting its presence and restricted areas of the audience which highlights a sense of protection.
The suspended material is captured in notion presenting a sense of fluidity reflecting movement.
 
Paige Uttley-Plunkett
"Untitled" 2014
(Silk, Latex, Drypoint on Silk, Thread)
 
I have interlinked latex within the subject, to highlight a flesh like substance and suggestive to a uncomfortable squeamish material intimidating the audience.
 
Having had feedback from my peers, it allowed me to reflect upon my work and if I have portrayed my concept successfully, I feel I have and I could develop the sensitive subject further.
21/03/2014
Human Body, giving birth
Mystery - have to look inside to find it
Feelings - creepy
Put yourself into the position, something trapped inside you - a fear
A personal response
On Fabric isn't ordered, perhaps frayed.
Perhaps fray it more
Avoid Rectangular pieces
Makes you think, contemplate the subject
explore larger scale
movements, no straight lines
projection, animation, moving
changing ink shapes
concealed you cant see the baby
scan- seeing a little movement
wind, explore
cosy
Lloyd Gibson - Lecturer Newcastle
Try taking photographs and work with media windows
Circular notions
 
 I am going to explore with videos and projecting the subjects onto my work allowing me to experiment further with my presentation.


No comments:

Post a Comment