Sunday 24 November 2013

Sculpture

Within our sculpture module, our first assignment was to work together as a pair, where my partner had to explore outside to gather ideas and had to explain the subject which she had depicted, avoiding giving direct details, they had to descriptive by touch.
The subject she had chosen was chandeliers, which I had to construct using cardboard, which I found interesting to get our creativity going although this material doesn't appeal to my practice in the way I use materials. 

 Mixed media (Plastic wallet, String, Leaf, Thread) 

This presents a development from my previous experimentation, I wanted to explore natural objects from our everyday life's within this piece to replicate this traditional object. I have used translucent material in which the surface captures and reflects a essence of light creating a sense of realism reflecting the subject. 

Mixed media (Leaf, Watercolour, Thread, Graphite)

Here I have experimented drawing the subject, using a subdued colour pallet to create a sense of dullness, suggestive of decay and fragility. Their is an essence of nature within this piece as the movement of the loose thread is refreshing suggestive of wind reflecting the subtle colour pallet as well. I have used thread to capture ridged detail within the subject, capturing the cracks within the life cycle, and almost create a sense of movement reflecting the movement around the subject "Chandelier".


Mixed Media (Coffee, Graphite, Compressed Charcoal, Masking tape)

Here I was experimenting with perspective and space to highlight the atmosphere, which personally feel empty and lonely, as the colour pallet is limited and aged creating a sense of history and decay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment