Friday 15 November 2013

Dry Point

Dry Point

I have experimented with a traditional printmaking technique "Dry Point" which was useful within my practice allowing me to create a depth in fine detail. 

Drypoint, Ink on Paper

I created this piece combining two drypoint prints, which allowed me to create a spiritual atmosphere, which could relate to accumilate and desperse within aspect of the life cycle. I have used fast and simplistic mark making to create sense of decay and fragility. The colour pallet is limited reflecting dull and morbid atmosphere. The contrasts of different tones within the piece has created a sense of negativity emphasizing a spiritual presence.
Drypoint, Ink on Silver Plate

Here I have experimented with scratching into a metal plate and printing which was opaque allowing me to concentrate on the solid image as using Acetate is hard to see what you have imprinted. 
I used a dandelion to represent time, as I have explained previously it relates to a childhood memory. This technique allowed me to pick up fine detail which creates a sense of sensitivity. 
Dry point, Ink on Paper

To create this piece I used acetate dry point, I applied my media to create uneven textured surfaces, which allowed me to create a brittle and fragile marks reflecting a sense of decay.

Drypoint, Acetate and ink 

This photograph itself presents two figures which replicates my Uncle and cousin, this reflects a sense of nostalgia remincent of the past. This is the negative of my piece, in which I worked into acetate. Acetate is a translucent substance, which creates a spiritual sense allowing light to past through the subject. I have applied my medias in certain areas to create a sense of perspective within the piece. 



Drypoint, Ink on Paper

This print almost is suggestive of a photo frame as there is a boarder around the subject, which symbolises this piece is precious and withholds sentimental value. 

No comments:

Post a Comment