Friday 15 November 2013

Collograph

Collograph

Within the printmaking workshop, I have explored the technique of using a collographs, which allows me to lay texture onto the piece to incorporate a depth of detail which was relevant to my practice. 

Collograph, Materials, Thread

This piece is my negative of my collograph, which I combined different materials onto to create a texture. I have presented a moth to replicate a signifier of death, as I have explored this sensitive subject through research. Using this symbol has allowed to reflect the life cycle highlight elements of decay and nostalgia of memories. 


Collograph, Ink on Paper

This piece reflects my positive of the collograph, which has highlight a strong element of detail, it almost looks like a relief suggestive of texture. 


Collograph, Ink on Material

I have experimented printing onto different materials, as materials are more flexible allowing a capability to move creating a sense of energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment