Sunday 24 November 2013

Tracey Emin

I have found Tracey Emin inspirational within my practice, I find the simplicity within her work interesting as they portray a sensitive subject, which is honest and explicit. Recently I visited Saatchi Gallery where she exhibited her work which was exciting, where she presented mono prints and sculptures. 



Frieze Art Fair, London, 2013

I found this piece interesting as the limited colour pallet reflects a sense of honesty within the piece highlighting emotions of sadness and betrayal. The animal is presented looking away from the directed camera suggestive hiding and turning away from the audience. The piece almost is  camouflaged with the surroundings highlighting this, and creating a element of a presence which cannot be touched or seen.
"I whisper to my past do I have another choice", this is suggestive Kokin is reflective upon the past highlighting a sense of history perhaps sadness of loss and regret. 


No comments:

Post a Comment