Tuesday 5 November 2013

The Studio

In Contextual and Proffesional studies we have been assigned to work in a group to research and present our findings on our personal views of why we need a studio. 

Oxford Dictionary - A room where an artist, photographer, sculptor etc works.
The word Studio originates from the early 19th century, from Italian, from Latin Studium meaning study. 


This is my own personal studio space, I believe artists need studio spaces to have room to use certain facilities. A studio is room for creativity, it allows you to block the outside world out and concentrate. 
A studio is usually sociable, being surrounded by creative people allows you to strive off one another. Other peers may inspire you, suggesting new ideas, artist and exhibitions.
My studio is used to surround myself with inspiration, an area for me aspire to my ideas to create them, although this is an area to get messy, still be tidy and not impact upon others practice. 









No comments:

Post a Comment