Friday 14 February 2014

Visiting Artist, Alice Theobald



"Mic Check (Check, Check, Checkin', the Mike)" 
Alice Theobald
2013

"When you told me you Loved me Did you mean it?"
Performance
2011

Alice Theobald is a performance artist who recently presented her work at De Montfort University, Thursday 13th February' 14, which I found really intriguing. Theobald explores through acting, how acting is developed and directed, how the use of language can be manipulated to an extent its not real anymore. The complex subject goes around in circles, Theobald is still currently exploring this subject and is intrigued in now directing the actors with surreal music. The combination of different medias, such as performance, directions and music clashes creating an intense atmosphere. Although this doesn't really relate to my work, I have researched further exploring projections which I would like to experiment within my work, I feel a projection of nature and calming audio would create a surreal and peaceful atmosphere. 



No comments:

Post a Comment