Friday 14 February 2014

Experimentation






"Untitled"
Cellophane,Wax, Thread, Water, Body Wash
2014
I was experimenting with materials here, as I wanted to capture a liquid form inside of a shield. The cellophane represents a skin fragment, or the amniotic bag, protecting the fetus. As I felt the piece, it created a sense of fleshy substance, capturing a sense of disgust, almost intimidating the audience, as impacts a squeamish sensation. The collaboration of different materials, such as soft and hard contrasts creating an uncomfortable atmosphere, which I would like to capture within my practice. Perhaps I could experiment with this subject further combining different materials to create a more sustainable subject, as I found the material was too delicate making the piece difficult to handle. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment