Friday 28 February 2014

Visiting Artist, Edward Thomasson

Edward Thomasson
"Inside"
2012

Edward Thomasson
Video Stills "Inside"
2012
 
Edward Thomasson is a performance artist who recently presented his work at De Montfort University, I found his work interesting as he explores through the mentality of human minds, his video "Inside" depicts a Woman's Prison in a Art Therapy Session, the elements of the scene are sensual through sharp needles and therapeutic singing. In a original clip which I had the opportunity to insight to, Thomasson explores through the inside body, directing the camera inside the throat, traveling through the body creating a natural notion, highlighting space within the body which I found inspiring as in my work I am exploring the inner body.
I may experiment with this idea, of the visual inner body creating a fleshy subject creating a sense of realism intimidating the audience.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment