Sunday 2 February 2014

Installation


 I have knitted with different yarns and materials to capture different textures and thickness, I have used the technique knitting to create representations of blankets, which I feel are symbolic of protection. Having had personally my own blanket till this day present which has been passed down from my sibling, it is a symbol of comfort. I want to use this to incorporate protection within my work to portray the impregnated womb. Each The piece is suspended allowing the audience to view it in different perspective, emphasizes the subjects spiritual presence. I have used a white colour pallet which is suggestive to innocent and purity.
I want to combine different tangible materials which makes the audience feel uncomfortable, which is almost threatening, I will explore this through development and experimentation.
I feel this individual crochet piece, is almost significant of the fetus as its distorted and remains elements of body featured form. It would be interesting to explore this idea and create a fetus form using this material, as it is delicate and fragile, which reflects a sense of realism. 
I would like to experiment further with unusual materials, such as wax, felting, jelly, hair jell, natural moisturizers and PVA glue, which I believe combined together in different ways could create a uncomfortable subject. 

No comments:

Post a Comment