Sunday 2 February 2014

Drawing

A4, Watercolour, Pencil, Fine Liner on Watercolour Paper
"Untitled"
2014
I have experimented using a combination of colour to create a sense of positivity, the fluid media creates an organic sense reflecting the amniotic fluid. The fluid media has almost circulated around the fetus suggestive to the amniotic sac protecting the subject. I have used fast mark making which creates a sense of movement. I have used elements of flesh tones which creates a sense of realism. 

A4, Watercolour, Fine Liner on Watercolour Paper
"Untitled"
2014
I have created a organic spiritual atmosphere using fine line as I have layered different areas of intensity which has captured intricacy. It almost looks like a notion of movements, reflecting the spiritual energy of the fetus. I have used fast and intricate line to create areas of detail emphasizing the movement within the piece. 
A4, Watercolour and Fine Liner on Watercolour Paper
"Untitled"
2014
Here I have focused in on the shapes within the baby scans, as I was inspired by Court McCracken as she explores organic rhythms within human behavior, therefore I have depicted each mark and place it in representation of each body cells and fibers in order to capture the movement and surroundings of the fetus. 

A4, Pencil on Watercolour Paper
"Untitled"
2014

I have layered and combined two notions of baby scans which represent the duration of time, and present the developing within the womb. I have layered fast mark making to capture an essence of movement portraying spiritual energy. I have the drew womb surrounding the fetus which is presented dominating the space within the picture plane, thereby protecting the fetus.  

A4, Watercolour and Pencil on Watercolour Paper
"Untitled"
2014

Here I used fluid media to capture an notion of movement, the organic substance almost represents the amniotic fluid within the subject which protecting the delicate fetus. I have used soft mark to create intricate line which are suggestive of a fetus reflecting its delicate state of body form.
A4, Pencil and Acrylic on Watercolour Paper
"Untitled"
2014

I have experimented using a pallet knife to capture a thicker substance, creating more perspective reflecting a sense of realism. I have incorporated delicate and intricate lines to suggest the fragile fetus. 
A4, Watercolour, Tissue Paper, Pencil on Watercolour Paper
"Untitled"
2014

This piece I have layered tissue paper which itself individually is delicate and translucent creating a spiritual presence, I have layered fluid media which has placed the subject creating a sense of brittleness. Although the subject is delicate the layering of material has strengthened the fetus, showing a element of development.I have suggested to an essence of protection the womb circles the fetus. 

Pencil, Watercolour and Acrylic on Watercolour Paper
"Untitled"
2014
I have combined successful elements from my experimentation, depicting sensitive areas which is suggestive to delicacy. The media I have used it fluid creating an organic atmosphere, almost like they are in the amniotic sac. The subjects are almost in notion, creating a sense of calmness and gentle movement. 

A3, Fine Liner, Pencil, Watercolour and Chalk on Watercolour Paper
"Untitled"
2014
I have experimented scaling up onto a thicker substance which I believe has lost its delicacy, therefore I do not think this piece has been successful. 
A2, Pencil, Acrylic,Tissue paper and Watercolour on Newsprint Paper
"Untitled"
2014

I have scaled up using delicate surface, which almost blended in with the subject, reacting as its protector perhaps this is symbolic of the womb. 
"Untitled" Detail 
2014
I have used tissue paper which has highlighted elements of detail, which has created an organic atmosphere surrounding the fetus, the mark makings almost represent a notion of fluid. Using watercolour  has allowed me to capture the essence of fetus's subtle structure.




No comments:

Post a Comment