Sunday 9 February 2014

Leisa Rich



"Lair" 2013
Atlanda Institue of Archtiects
Leisa Rich Collaborated with other artists such as Terri Dilling, Amandine Drouet, Susan Ker-Seymer, Lesa Rich and Ann Rowles.

This Installation has explored through the nature of net simply embodying the form reflecting vulnerability and protection depicting areas of fragility. This reflects enclosure and openness which I feel relates to my driven concept as I want to explore the natural protection of the foetus.
Rich has used untraditional medias in a traditional technique, as she has used recycled and profound subjects to creating knitting, crochet, net-making and rippings. I find this interesting, using natural and lost objects within the environment as its our culture, reflecting the life cycle. Which perhaps I could incorporate within my work, exploring the nature within life to create a calm atmosphere, reflecting the audience in contemplation within the complex subject.

Stone from Vancouver, British Columbia : Styrofoam
Leisa Rich

I found these subjects appealing as they represent fragments of fibres which could relate to DNA, through development of the foetus. The media itself is fluid, which could relate to the amniotic fluid, which I would like to explore different and unusual materials. The distortion of the foam, is almost a distraction to what is inside therefore it could react a symbolic reference of protection. 

Stone from Indonesia: Rolled Glue
Leisa Rich

I feel this looks like a interesting and sensual texture, almost like different tubes within the anatomy of the body, I may incorporate this technique to portray my complex subject, as I feel this may create a sense of realism. 


No comments:

Post a Comment