Sunday 2 February 2014

Major project

A4, Pencil and Acrylic
"Untitled"
2014
Here I was experimenting a flesh colour pallet to create a sense of realism, highlighting the impregnated stomach. I have used a depth of tone to create a perspective and emphasize shadows within the piece, which impacts the size of the stomach. I have used fast mark making to create energy reflecting the movement and presence of the unborn fetus.
A4, Pencil and Charcoal
"Untitled" 
2014
This piece I was trying to capture and explore the structure of the body form, I have used fast and sketchy mark making to create a sense of movement within the piece which I feel captures a spiritual atmosphere, portraying a presence amongst the depicted area of the stomach.

A4, Charcoal on Tissue Paper
"Untitled"
2014
This piece is my interpretation of a baby scan which I personal, as it reflects my nephew, I have used tissue paper as Its translucent which I believe represents a barrier as it almost creates a distortion, perhaps it could reflect protection. I have used a monochromatic colour pallet to create a sense of realism capturing the essence of the baby scan.

A4, Pencil 
"Untitled"
2014
This piece depicts sensitivity within the piece, I was focusing on perspective as I wanted to capture an essence of a protective surroundings and highlighting sensitive emotions.
A4, Tissue Paper, Pencil and Charcoal
"Untitled" 
2014
I have incorporated tissue paper, to create a sense of delicacy and fragility, which could reflect the bones structure of the fetus, and hormonal state of mind. I feel the translucent paper is suggestive to a presence, as it cannot be seen but there's spiritual atmosphere.
 
A4, Pencil, Charcoal, Coffee on Paper
"Untitled"
2014
I was experimenting with different materials to create a perspective within the piece, using a simplistic colour pallet to reflect a calm atmosphere. 
    A4, Pencil on Paper
"Untitled"
2014
I was experimenting with looking at different pregnant women in different situations, exploring the surroundings of security. I found this piece inspiring as the subject has been protected by both humans suggestive to a "Family". The womb has dominated the piece as it dominates a space, projecting their presence. 

A4, Puff Binder, Coffee and Pencil 
"Untitled"
2014
This was experimentation using different materials, as I have used puff binder to impacts a physical presence, this highlights a sense of moments, as footprints are suggestive of a journey. I have used fast and layered mark making within the piece to emphasize a sense of movement and presence. I have used fluidity to capture a essence of movement and realism as it reflects the amniotic fluid which is protective of the fetus.

A4, Pencil and Puff Binder on Paper
"Untitled"
2014
I have experimented with a simplistic composition which reflecting the contemplation of the fetus, in its a  amniotic sac. I have used fast mark making to emphasize a sense of movement within the piece.


A4, Pencil on Paper
"Untitled"
2014
I have depicted to draw the stomach using basic pencil to create a calm atmosphere, create a focus upon the subject, this highlights a sense of protective and arises sensitive emotions.  I have used fast mark making to highlight a presence and create a sense of movement reflecting the activity of the fetus.
A4, Pencil on Paper
"Untitled"
2014
I have used soft and delicate mark makings to depict a sense of intricate detail, which reflects the complication and difficulty within pregnancy. The soft marks reflect the fetus, as it is vulnerable and delicate.
The delicate marks almost look like a notion of streaming water suggestive of calm atmosphere, also suggestive of the amniotic fluid. I feel this piece captures a strong essence of protection, as the hands are firm and are presented as a extra barrier.

A5, Pencil on Calico
"Untitled"
2014
I was experimenting with different materials as, materials could represent a element of a blanket which presented a a protective barrier. 


A5, Thread on Material
"Untitled"
2014
I have experimented drawing with thread using a sew machine which I found difficult due to the function of my sewing machine, I find the loose string interesting as creates a sense of movement reflecting a presence of the fetus in the womb. The thread almost signifies the umbilical chord within the womb.



A5 Elongated, Thread and Acrylic on Yarn Knitting
"Untitled"
2014
I have knitted blanket which has emphasized a dimensional presence as it creates a relief, I feel I have incorporated a personal element within the piece as I still have my blanket which has been passed down from my Sibling. I believe a blanket presents a sense of protection, therefore I used this symbolic reference to present a barrier protecting the fetus. I have layered white acrylic on top of the knitting allowing me to drawing onto the subject, which was difficult, I incorporated thread into the piece highlighting intricate detail which has created a sense of movement, reflecting a spiritual energy and sensitive emotions within the piece.

"Untitled" Detail 
2014
I have focused in on the detail, to capture each layered mark which created a sense energy. 

A3, Watercolour, Pencil, Thread on Calico
"Untitled"
2014
I have explored further with using materials as I feel they are a representation of a blanket, which is symbolic of protection.  I have layered watercolour to capture and essence of fluidity reflecting amniotic fluid, although I don't think this work out successful as the media was absorbed by the material.

A4, Watercolour, Pastels and Pencil on Paper
"Untitled"
2014
This was an experimentation of focusing in on the fetus in the womb, as I would like to focus on the amnioctic fluid, exploring the subtle protective barrier, therefore I have used this media to replicate this. 

A4, Pencil,Coffee and Watercolour on Paper
"Untitled"
2014
I have created this piece of a baby, using fluid media which is replicant of amniotic fluid from inside the womb, reflecting upon the journey of pregnancy. I have used a flesh tones to create a sense of realism. I have used fast mark making to emphasize a spiritual presence through movement.
A4, Pencil, Watercolour and Ink on Paper
Drypoint
"Untitled"
2014
I have experimented with print making, using a Drypoint technique allowing me to capture a essence of scratchy mark making of the fetus which making suggest of movement within the womb. I have layered zest fluid over the print, to create a distortion which is almost a replicator of the amniotic sac fluid protecting the fetus. 

A4, Ink on Paper
Drypoint
"Untitled"
2014

This is reprint of the previous dry point print, I find this interesting as it almost looks like the fetus is in water, which could reflect its positioning in the amniotic sac surrounding by fluids.

No comments:

Post a Comment