Friday 28 February 2014

Amandine Drouet

Amandine Drouet
RubberDoll
 
Amandine Drouet is an inspiring artist as she explores natural refound objects, amongst the street, out of random but these objects retain a sense of memory and history. Drouet places these subjects together to highlight key elements of beauty, decay, death, life and rebirth.
 
Drouet is inspired by a quote from Carl Jung "The Idea of a Second birth is found at all times and in all places".
 
I find the sculpture, as these materials are refound objects been placed together, suggestive to new life, highlighting pregnancy. The colour pallet is flesh like creating an sense of realism. The fluid subject is suggestive to the amniotic fluid which I  find interesting. The texture of surface is presented moist creating a squeamish element revolting the audience.
I may start to collect random subjects which appeal to me, out of interest to see where this would take me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment