Sunday 9 February 2014

Hunterian Museum

Hunterian Museum
Hunterian Museum

These photographs present the Hunterian Museum, in which I was recommended to explore through tutorials, I feel this gives me an insight into the anatomy of body and a better understanding of the structure. 
The Hunterian Museum is located in London, Lincoln's Inn Feilds, which I visited earlier this month but unfortunately the Museum was closed, this would have been an interesting experience allowing me to feel the presence of my surroundings. 

The room collection of human bodies, is overwhelming and daunting, it almost creates a sense of sadness and nostalgia, reflecting upon loss. The figures have been preserved in containers, which reflects a sense of protection, which I would like to portray within my work. The fluid in the containers create a fleshy and tangible element within the fragments of the skin,  emphasizing the realistic subject and almost creating a notion, reflecting a spiritual energy.
I feel this relates to my work as I would like to portray a spiritual energy of the a unborn fetus emphasizing the natural protection with the anatomy of the body. 



No comments:

Post a Comment