Wednesday 11 December 2013

Dales Drawing Talk


Having been presented a professional talk by my Drawing Tutor, which allowed me to get a better understanding of requirements whilst presenting my work, I found elements of the chosen artists inspiring. 

This piece is presented in a Book, which highlights a sense of a journey simplistically, the artist has layered a photograph which has a element of age and history. I may present my work in this context to emphasise a personal subject. 


This piece presents a sense of journey as it captures the element of time and decay, the dust is replicant of the life cycle, I may incorporate this within my work to capture an essence of the life cycle. 
The dust is a chalky substance which reacts as a facade highlighting time. 


I find the simplicity within this work inspiring, as it creates a tranquil and calm atmosphere.  The limited and aged colour pallet has created a sense of history, perhaps this could be a passed down sentimental subject. The use of hard writing has emphasised the personal subject intensifying sensitivity within the piece. 


The artist has captured elements of directions within this piece which is reminiscent of the past, where the figure has been capturing a Journey. 


This piece has been put in a box and suspended onto a rock in the sea, this has captured the notion of pen movement over a duration of time capturing a sense of realism through experiencing the location. 

I may experiment using elements of these techniques to symbolise a Journey within my development, I find it intriguing to explore my past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment