Wednesday 11 December 2013

Development

Having reflected upon my collection of work, I am going to focus on portraying a spiritual presence highlighting the afterlife and embellishing the subject with fragility and decay which is suggestive to the life cycle. I want to capture a sense of awe and beauty reflecting upon a passed over figures life, incorporating his personality and my memories. 
I have used a simplistic colour pallet which creates a sense of stillness and silence, suggestive of obscure of a life been took away. The tissue paper has a delicate and intricate element with, it is almost translucent capturing elements of decay and a presence. 


I find this piece disappointing as the figures out of proportion and perspective, although I find the use of material interesting how I have layered them to create a distortion, replacing the pieces together which is suggestive changes and the impacts upon others through these experiences of loss. 

I have simplistically place a line drawing which captures a essence of the figure placing their presents amongst the atmosphere. I have layered a feather which is suggestive of the afterlife, as it represents an angelic atmosphere. 

Having took inspiration from Joseph Beuys I have used an approach using a simplistic colour pallet creating a calm and subtle atmosphere. I have used fast and intricate mark making to create a sense of movement, suggestive of change within time. I have captured the surroundings of the figure, leaving a space of emptiness which reflects where this figure was placed, suggestive of the pass over, this figure is no longer here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment