Tuesday 10 December 2013

Development





"Untitled" Ink on Latex
2013 
Here I have experimented with my feedback from my critique exploring the nature of the subject on a enlarged scale, I believe scaling up has lots its intensity within detail which is unsuccessful. 
Although this sensitivity within detail would create a sense of spiritualism, I want to capture an essence of intricate and sentimental value within my practice. 

"Untitled" 2013
 Ink on Latex, Tissue paper, Poetry book, Thread and Feathers
Here I have explored combining different materials on the larger scale, experimenting with materials to create a perspective within my piece, each material has a symbolic meaning.


"Untitled" Detail 
2013

Although this piece is interesting in conveying my concept I believe the materials have became too contrasting distracting the beauty of the mark making. I find the simplicity of the thread interesting as it conveys a sense of decay, and almost a journey as it holds together the pieces almost reflecting my family history. The mark making is disjointed and broken creating a sense of decay within my work highlighting the light cycle. 

"Untitled" 2013
 Ink on Latex, Silk, Tissue paper, Poetry book, Thread and Feathers

Here I have combined silk within the substance, as I wanted to explore each successful material to develop a better understand of my work. Silk itself is a delicate substance which is translucent but within this piece, the silk has been confined into the latex creating a sense of stillness, which doesn't convey my concept. Although the silk almost creates a distortion within the piece creating a sense of space which highlights the distance and sense of time. 


"Untitled"  Detailed, 2013
I find the intricacy of the mark making interesting as it almost fades reflecting a sense of nostalgia.  I took this photograph from an angle, emphasizing the sense of space within the piece suggestive of a sense of time and history. 

"Untitled" Ink on Latex
2013

Although I found the previous experimentation interesting, I would like to focus onto a more delicate and precious sized prints, as I believe they are more personal and intricate. The detail is layered and delicate creating a sensitivity within the piece reflecting a sense of awe. I am going to incorporate my ideas within this piece to create a series of prints as a collection which I could present. They almost reminds me of a photo frame which is suggestive that subject is precious and sentimental. 
"Untitled" Ink on Latex
2013
 Here I simply experimented with a different visual, which I may experiment creating a collection almost of my family history, almost reflecting my biography. This piece hasn't got the element of a framed photograph, as when creating the dry point I didn't cut the individual plate, which I will experiment further with. 

"Untitled" Detail 2013
This latex within this piece is very thin, creating a sense of translucent, suggestive of the subject fading away perhaps reflecting the human memory. 



No comments:

Post a Comment