Thursday 12 December 2013

Development

"Untitled" A5
Wax, Lace, Thread, Ink, Coffee, Tissue Paper
2013

This was a experimentation to create a rag and rough substance which reflects the mummies rags suggestive to decay. I have also incorporated wax which reacts as a distortion as I feel it creates a depth of different dimension, suggestive of the after life. I find the use of materials interesting as it conveys my concept but the way I have applied the media as created a solid subject, which creates a sense of negativity and I was to capture a sense of movement. The materials I have used are delicate and fragile which reflect the life cycle, the wax is brittle suggestive of life, you never know what is going to happen. I believe the wax has created a ghostly atmosphere within the piece as its almost translucent, suggestive of whispers of what we cannot see but feel. 

"Untitled" A1
Watercolour Paper, Pencil , Wax, Coffee, Ink, Lace and Thread
2013
 I have explored using the combination of materials to create a subtle atmosphere, I find it interesting how I have used the media and materials to highlight a sense of perspective, creating a sense of space. The mark making is broken and brittle suggestive of decay, it almost creates a ghostly atmosphere. The media has layered in different areas leaving random marks which could almost represent orbs, suggestive to spiritual energy. There is a element of movement within my work which is suggestive of spiritual energy.


"Untitled" A1
Tissue Paper, Pencil, Coffee, Acrylic, Chalk, Watercolour, Thread, Lace and Wax
2013

I have layered onto tissue paper within this piece, which is a delicate and subtle materials, it is very brittle suggestive it is precious reflecting life. The material I have layer capture an essence of sentimental values reminiscent of the past, suggestive to a memorial. The location is placed on a street, as you can tell by the lamppost, portraying the audience into the subject. I have used fast mark making to highlight a sense of movement suggestive to a spiritual atmosphere. I have incorporated a element of colour within this piece to capture element of happiness reflecting upon a precious memory in celebration of a life. The subtle piece has created emotions of awe and sadness, reflecting a sense of nostalgia. The materials I have layered could represent a personal belongings highlighting a sentimental subject. The stitching has layered a rough and textured surface create a relief emphasizing a presence, the loose material has created a sense of movement within the piece.
 I would like to present this piece suspended on its own integrity engaging audience to the simplistically of the piece, as the audience will have to interact with the piece closing up to view. 

No comments:

Post a Comment