Monday 9 December 2013

First Year Sculpture Exhibition and Critique

  Within my first term studying Sculpture, on 5th December 2013 I had to present my work in a small exhibition collaborating all our work together.  We experimented positioning our subjects in different angles to explore the nature of subject how the audience would view the three dimensional subject. The room was compacted with loads of different styles, which was complicated as to where to put certain work. Personally I thought there was too much to present professionally in one room, although I found I benefited from this experience, viewing and observing others work. 

"Untitled" Detail
2013

This photography presents a view of the room where we presented our work.
Within our Critique we were told to give critical feedback about another work which was an interesting approach to this task. I personally picked up upon the center floor piece, which has been dominated by the structural form, I believe this piece presented on its own on a larger scale would impact on the calm and peaceful subject, creating a calm and subtle atmosphere. 
"Untitled" Detail
2013
This photograph presents a photograph of my installation which I suspended from the roof, allowing the audience to view the piece from different perspective suggestive of change, as this piece changes individually through the audiences eyes and atmosphere, suggestive of the life cycle. I have suspended this piece to emphasize a sense of energy within the subject suggestive of a presence. 
I have presented subtle delicacy behind my dominant focus to reflect my development and exploration within my work. 
Although I found this exhibition successful in benefiting my practice, If I were to present this piece again, I would keep in mind of the distractions which surround the piece, as the air vent has caused a distraction to the subtle subject as presented in the photograph. 
Within my assessment week, I will have the opportunity to present my work again which I will document and reflect upon my negatives. 

"Untitled" Detail
2013
This subject presents my wall piece, which portrays a moth in a latex substance with highlights elements of death and decay. The latex within its own integrity decays over time creating a sense of time. I have layered a feather into the piece which is suggestive of the afterlife, creating a spiritual atmosphere. I have used moths to replicate the subject of death, as they only live a short live expectancy. 

"Untitled" Detail
2013
I have layered a religious element within this piece which reflects the belief of the afterlife, as I have incorporated text from the bible, I believe this creates a sense of history and a spiritual atmosphere. 








"Untitled" Detail
2013
I found this photograph inspiring, as the materials capture an essence of natural light, suggestive to a natural cycle. The light has depicted certain areas of the installation, creating intensity and delicacy within the piece reflecting sensitive emotions within the piece and the translucency creates a spiritual atmosphere. 
The shadow reflected behind the subject is an emphasis of a presence creating a beautiful surreal atmosphere. 


No comments:

Post a Comment