Wednesday 11 December 2013

Development

This presents my exploration within my history, highlighting passed down sentimental objects which intensify the sense of nostalgia, creating contemplation reminiscent of the past. 

"Untitled" A5
Print and Thread
2013
I have scanned my poetry book which was a gift from my Granddad when I younger, as a child I aspired to this, within this book I have personalised it, it's almost like a diary creating a sense of nostalgia. 

"Untitled"A5
Watercolour, Fine Liner on Poetry Book
2013

 I have used childish bright colour pallet here to capture the essence of time within the subject, as this portrays myself as a child in Nursery. I have used organic media which creates a distortion within the piece creating a almost a blur suggestive of the human memory. 

"Untitled" A5
Ink, Coffee, Tissue Paper and Poetry Book
2013

Here I have experimented with the layering of different materials,which have a translucent element creating a sense of time and history. I have placed tissue paper over the surface of my Granddads book which reacts almost as a distortion representing time. 

"Untitled" A5
Pencil on Tissue paper and Poetry Book
2013
I have used delicate subtle media here, which has created a spiritual atmosphere, suggestive of the afterlife. The surface of the material has captured the light reflecting it creating a sense of sensitivity within the piece. It almost captures an essence of nostalgia reflecting my memory. 

"Untitled" A5
Pencil, Coffee on Watercolour Paper
2013
I have been influenced by Joseph Beuys within this piece as he used coffee to create his figurative drawings,  I feel this has captured a sense of age and history. It has has layered up on the figures, creating a sense of distorted almost highlighting changes within time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment