Wednesday 11 December 2013

Development

This portrays my exploration through ideas, different techniques to portray my concept in relation to my theme Journey. 

I have experimented with over layering materials which may perhaps withhold sentimental values, creating a sense of history. I have used this element to create a sense of perspective creating a distortion between the figures, it creates a distraction which is suggestive of time and space, the figures are almost fading away. 


I have layered the atmosphere, surrounding the figures suggestive of the not being there anymore, this is is suggestive of the afterlife highlighting death. Theres a presence of a figure within the subject creating a spiritual atmosphere. This drawing portrays a memory of mine from a holiday back in 2012 which creates a sense of nostalgia and sadness. 

I have used a personal book to emphasise sensitive emotions within my work, I have replicated elements and layered them together to create a distorted figure, almost replicating the human memory. The surface is disjointed and broken which highlights a sense of decay and fragility. 


Here I have experimented layered into silk which is a delicate and translucent material, it almost creates a spiritual presence which reflects the energy of the passed over figures with my work. The silk is reflective of light which intensifies the subject emphasising  the spiritual energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment