Sunday 8 December 2013

Development

"Untitled"
 Cellophane, Latex, Floor, Thread, Feather, Metal, Flour, Paper
2013
"Untitled" Detail
2013
Here I have experimented suspending my piece to capture a sense of movement, creating nostalgia reflecting upon the life of the moth, capturing an essence of awe contemplating on the life cycle. 
I have used feather within my work to replicate a sense of the afterlife as I have been inspired by Lisa Kokin as she uses this within her piece "Afterlife" as I believe it creates an angelic atmosphere. 
The material cellophane capture strong element of light as it is reflective, reflecting the near experience of "seeing the light". 
Although I believe this piece is successful in conveying my concept, I need to develop and perhaps work on a larger scale and suspend my piece from a three dimensional perspective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment