Tuesday 10 December 2013

Installation


Here I have experimented with projecting my successful prints onto silk, I found the silk relevant as it is a delicate substance which has translucent qualities, which is suggestive of time as the light passes through, losing its quality of detail suggestive of the life cycle.
Having took this photo shoot I found it difficult, as the camera I was unfamiliar with, didn't automatically focus therefore taking photograph in the a darker light was harder to focus the images. Although this was a challenge I found this experimentation beneficial, I am going to explore this idea further, and combine my granddads voice within the subject to create a sense of positivity and emphasize a nostalgic presence.

"Untitled" Installation
 2013

This piece was the most successful photograph as its detail is more in focus, although these photographs are poor quality they still capture the essence of nostalgia and decay which I find interesting. I would like to project a sense of intricacy and emotions of awe which I believe presenting this in a room, would be successful. 
"Untitled" Installation
2013 

I find this piece interesting as it almost creates a spiritual atmosphere, highlights the sense of change, reflecting the life cycle. This piece is too monochromatic which creates a negative atmosphere, as it highlights death which I want to portray the beauty of the life cycle reflecting upon precious memories and relationships.
 

Overall I would like to experiment further with a successful installation combining an over voice of my Grandads voice to reflect a sense of harmony and peace. Alongside this I would like to present a series of prints which will combine together almost like a biography of my life, presenting a sense of history and sentimental values. 

No comments:

Post a Comment