Tuesday 10 December 2013

Experimentation with Fairy Lights

I am experimenting with a combination of different technique illuminating my prints to create a surreal atmosphere to reflect a sense of nostalgia. The lights almost signify a direction, as the saying "seeing the light at the end of the tunnel", a sense of change, perhaps the passing of time. I have used the lights to emphasize the an nostalgic presence also, creating a distortion from the figures to reflect a sense of distance between the audience and the subject. The lights are significant of awe and preciousness, reflecting up sentimental values objects, passed down objects such as my Poetry book and photographs.

 "Untitled" 2013
Illuminated by Fairy Lights

Here I have experimented layered my translucent subjects onto a white sketch book, which I feel emphasizes a the personal element within the piece. The lights have illuminated the figures face, suggestive they are precious creating sensitive emotions. The lines are subjected in certain areas as they are fading away reflecting the human memory. 


"Untitled" 2013
Illuminated by Fairy Lights

The fairy lights here almost bring the subject to life, as the light creates a sense of positive energy within the piece. The poetry within this piece creates a sense of awe and beauty, highlighting a sense of nostalgia. I would like to record this installation with my Granddads voice reading my focused poem surrounding the subject, I feel this would create a humble and tranquil atmosphere subtly. 

"Untitled" 2013
Illuminated by Fairy Lights 

The delicacy of the subject and embellishment of the fairy lights highlights a sensitive subject, it creates a nostalgic atmosphere intensifying personal emotions, which reflects upon the audience impacting them into contemplation, as it indulges the atmosphere subtly directing the audience to experience my memories. The piece withholds a sense of sadness as it highlights a sense of decay and history which creates a sense of realism. 



"Untitled" 2013
Illuminated by Fairy Lights 

I found this piece interesting as the fairy light allowed me to depict detail within the drawing, which I lost through layering materials. I would like to experiment with projections to convey my personal concept onto silk to explore different atmosphere and impacts. 

1 comment: