Wednesday 11 December 2013

Development

Having explored Leicester I felt that Nostalgia and memories had became an area of interest, therefore I am going to explore this further, focusing on this theme through my everyday life. I wanted to capture the essence of spiritual energy within my drawings creating emotions of awe.

"Untitled" A4
Watercolour on Paper, Silk, Graphite, Thread
2013

I wanted to capture the beauty within the culture of Leicester, I have used fluid media to represent the organic location as it surrounds a Water Fountain. I have used intricate detail to capture the ridges of the substance suggestive of decay and changing season. The silk has created a shiny and reflective surface, creating a spiritual energy within the piece, the silk could represent a reflection of nostalgia perhaps. 
The materials I have used are free which creates a sense of movement suggestive of a spiritual atmosphere. 

"Untitled" A4
Ink, Watercolour, Chalk, Coffee on Watercolour Paper
2013

This piece I have incorporated an energised colour pallet suggestive of positive energy highlighting the cultural atmosphere, which engages with the audience. I have depicted areas of colours to highlight the christmas tradition within Leicester, which has created a sense of awe and nostalgia. I feel this piece reflects and captures a memory of mine which is inspiring, as I find it interesting how things can change over a short duration of time. 

I may explore my history looking upon my childhood to the present, highlight an elements of decay and emotions of beauty, awe and nostalgia. 



No comments:

Post a Comment