Tuesday 10 December 2013

Experimentation with the Light Box

Here I experimented with illuminating my work, to capture an essence of surrealism reflecting an nostalgic presence. The pieces are subjected to light creating a dominance within the piece suggestive of importance, which reflects my personal sentimental emotions within my work.  



"Untitled" Ink on Latex, Tissue paper and Thread

2013


The light here has almost depicted elements of distortion emphasizing this almost creating a blindness between the subject and the audience suggesting that the subject is becoming faded and distant reflecting the human memory. 




"Untitled" Detail, 
Ink on Latex 2013 

Here I have experimented focusing in on the a figure dominating the subject reflecting a sense of importance, this portray my brother as a child, which creates a sense of nostalgia and history within my work.
The colour pallet withholds a sense of age emphasizing the sense of history within my work. 


"Untitled" Dry point, Ink on Acetate
2013 


"Untitled" Detail, 
2013



Here I have experimented with used the acetate which I used within dry point to create my positive prints, I have illuminated the subject using a light box, this highlights the elements of details within the piece, creating a sense of delicacy and decay. The lines are broken and textured suggestive to the life cycle. 
This drawing portrays a combination of my family, it almost reflects my personal memory, I may experiment with this idea and present almost a family tree, which highlights my childhood memories creating a sense of nostalgia capturing the essence of time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment