Wednesday 11 December 2013

Journey

Within my drawing module, we were given a brief requiring us to explore the theme Journey, I found this subject interesting as an Journey can be interpreted in many different ways. I have explored Journey different ways, which I have an area of interest previously in my Photography A level I have explored this theme reflecting upon my Great Nana Coopers religious belief. I may start off exploring Leicester to grasps a simplistic understanding of a Journey, the emotions and experiences I feel throughout this. 


"Untiled" 
Pencil on Watercolour Paper, A5
2013

This piece portrays my everyday life in my new living conditions, in the Student Halls, it almost highlights personality and relationships. Personally this drawing reflects a nostalgic presence as its in the past, capturing an essence in time.
The mark making is scratchy and fast creating disjointed and chaotic lines suggestive of movement and energy, theres a embellishment of decay in the subject. 

"Untitled"
 Pencil on Watercolour Paper, A5
2013

These series of drawings are almost a documentation of my Journey around Leicester, this is the surroundings of my halls, which captures an essence of culture. 

"Untitled" 
 Pencil on Watercolour Paper, A5
2013

This portrays a sense of beauty, I found myself inspired by relationships between a mother and children. A drawing captures a essence of memory, incorporating my fast mark making which is suggestive of movement. The children are positioned focused on a simplistic object, creating a sense of innocence and awe. Its almost surreal how children visualise a everyday object.

"Untitled" 
Pencil on Watercolour Paper, A5
2013

I found this piece interesting as I stood still, and I captured every subject around me which created a sense of a notion, I find it interesting exploring others life styles. The bike almost is suggestive of the life cycle, as the notion of wheels journey, changing and explore new experiences.

"Untitled" 
Watercolour on Paper, A5
 2013

This portrays Bede Park in Leicester, the figures within the drawing are presented as a family, highlighting a sense of awe and positive energy. I feel this piece highlights a sense of nostalgia, reflecting my childhood, as the media I have used has created a chalky substance almost reacting as a distortion between the audience and the subject reflecting a sense of time and nostalgia.

"Untitled" 
Watercolour on Paper, A5
2013

This drawing presents student working on their own personal project, as they were position using cameras and soft microphones, which I found intriguing I felt the urge to understand what they were working on. 
Within my work I explored different locations, focusing on mark making and perspective to get a better understand of the subject Journey. 










No comments:

Post a Comment