Wednesday 11 December 2013

Life Drawing

Within my Drawing assignment, we had the opportunity to explore a Life Drawing module, which develop my understand of the use of visual language, I found this beneficial within my practice as it allowed me to challenge myself. 
"Untitled" 
Pencil, Graphie, Charcoal on Watercolour Paper
A1, 2013 

I was experimenting with different technique creating the figure within this piece, as the first subject I didn't measure I just created the form by looking. The second subject I used the technique of measuring up the perspective and angles which allowed me to create correct proportions. The third subject, I combined both techniques using a faster media, a graphite stick which captured an element within my mark making. Overall these sketches were quickly as I was under pressure of a time limit. 





"Untitled"
Pencil on Watercolour Paper
A1, 2013 

Here I had half an hour to create the subject, I felt like using this technique of drawing to challenge myself to create a form which is in perspective and proportion, which I find visually interesting. The layers of different marks almost create a sense of movement within the piece, the figure is positioned with her feet up therefore its suggestive of peaceful and calm atmosphere. 


"Untitled"
Graphite on Watercolour Paper
A1, 2013

"Untitled" 
Graphite on Watercolour Paper
A1, 2013


"Untitled" 
Graphite on Watercolour Paper
A1, 2013

These previous drawings portray a sense of perspective as we were exploring the nature of space. I have used intensity of detail in depicted areas to push back subjects into the foreground highlighting the perspective within the piece. I have used tonal areas to create a sense of perspective within the piece, directing the objects in my work, it almost creates a surreal atmosphere making you feel your in the room. 



"Untitled" 
Charcoal, Graphite and Pencil on Watercolour Paper
A1, 2013

This piece portrays my exploring using materials in different ways to create tonal areas and contrasts. I had to focus on almost a negative subject, looking at areas of light and dark only to create the subject. 
"Untitled" Detail
Charcoal on Watercolour Paper
A4, 2013 

I found the technique of erasing the marks successful as it allowed me to experiment with perspectives and tonal areas of light and dark. Using this technique was almost an opposite way of working for me as I always complicate the subject, this was almost therapeutic it created a sense of relief for me. It almost reminds me of a skeleton, which relates to my interest within my practice exploring the afterlife. 
  
"Untitled"
Charcoal on Watercolour Paper
A1, 2013
I had a longer duration of time to create this piece, I was experimented with tonal areas, reflections, perspectives and proportion which was challenging. Using the technique of erasing certain areas has allowed me to capture an essence of flesh reflecting a sense of realism. The colour pallet is monochromatic, creating a negative and cold atmosphere. 

"Untitled"
Pencil and Graphite on Watercolor Paper
A1, 2013 
I was challenging myself creating this piece, taking into consideration of the atmosphere surrounding the figure, the place shes positioned, looking at the Life model scenery as a whole. I wanted to created the sense of space between myself and the room, capturing my experience and my peers. 







No comments:

Post a Comment